What's changed, and why?
The CHANI app (iOS) has undergone a major metamorphosis, and we’re so excited to share this redesign with our community. With 18 months of experience under our belts and an expanded, highly skilled team onboard, we are now able to implement changes that bring the CHANI app closer to our original vision. In doing so, we’ve also incorporated some of the invaluable feedback our users have shared with us along the way.
One of our first priorities with this release was to make the app easier to navigate. By dividing the app into four tabs instead of five (Home, Me, Transits, and Listen) and further organizing the homepage into three distinct categories (Today, This Week, and This Year), our goal is to make it easier for you to find the content you need when you need it most.
Another way in which we wanted to make the app an even more helpful guide was to distill the advice of the stars down to a daily horoscope for you. Our 13 horoscopes for each planet left many of you wondering, “but what do I need to know today.” Now we’ve answered that question as simply and easily as possible.
You’ll also get a snapshot of the current Moon phase and sign to help you understand how the lunation is affecting you, and a featured meditation to help you make the most of the day’s astrological energy.
We have learned so much on this journey, and we know there will be more to learn as time goes on. That’s why this redesign is focused on creating a new platform that we can continue to build on for years to come. We are so excited for you to explore the new design, and we can’t wait to share more features and innovations in 2023 and beyond!
Where do I find my horoscopes and workshops?
Since we launched the app in 2020, our most requested feature has been daily horoscopes. And at long last, they’re here.
The CHANI app (iOS)
The CHANI app is now divided into four tabs:
(Image Description: Three iPhones showing the updated CHANI app with views of the new homepage sections, Today and This Week. To the right, a third shows a meditation on abundance playing in the Listen tab.)
When you update your CHANI app, you will be met with a new, expanded homepage view that’s divided into three distinct sections: Today, This Week, and This Year. These sections make it easy to navigate your personalized astrology guidance.
There is both free and Premium content in all three sections.
Free features and content:
ALL users have access to the following on the Home tab.
- Your Day: Each day, you will receive a horoscope that’s specific to your rising sign, plus an explanation of the current Moon phase and sign.
- Current Sky: Here, you can see where every planet and point is located, whether or not it’s retrograde, and how long it will be where it is.
- Astrology of the Week Ahead: In this weekly podcast, Chani gives you a rundown of each week’s astrology and how to work with it.
- Affirmation of the Week: This is a written statement you can repeat and carry with you, no matter what kind of week you’re having.
- Tarot Card of the Week: Each week, we share a tarot card that we feel most corresponds with the astrology at play. This feature includes our visual interpretation of the card, a written explanation of the card’s symbolism, and how the card relates to the astrology of the week.
- Your 7-Day Astro Forecast: Based on what the planets are doing in the sky, this weekly forecast gives you a quick overview of how the next seven days will play out, astrologically speaking.
- Your 2022 Horoscope: This annual horoscope is tailored specifically for your rising sign and acts as a helpful astrological resource you can continue to reference throughout the year.
- Key Dates, Moon Calendar, and Mercury Retrogrades: These handy calendars give you an overview of all the lunations, major transits, and Mercury retrograde cycles of the year to help you better prepare for and work with the astrology.
Premium features and content
When you activate our free Premium trial, you can explore and enjoy all of our fun features and personalized content. Your CHANI app subscription unlocks the following:
- Every Sunday at noon Pacific time, you’ll get a reading for your rising sign, a guided meditation, journal prompts with a built-in notepad, a ritual, and altar suggestions to help you create astro magic, set intentions, reflect, and heal.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the year with detailed quarterly readings for your rising sign and workshops focused on the year’s key astrological themes.
The Me tab is all about your birth chart, which is a snapshot of the sky at the moment and location of your birth. At CHANI, we believe your birth chart is the key to unlocking your life’s purpose.
As a premium subscriber, you’ll be able to deepen your understanding of your chart with a full, detailed written reading that explains each placement planet by planet. Note that we regularly add new content here so you can continue to learn about other facets of your chart, including points, nodes, and asteroids.
Premium subscribers have access to the Transit tab. Here, you’ll receive real-time horoscopes that shed light on how the planets in your unique chart are interacting in the current sky. Some of these themes last a day or two, while others unfold over the course of a few months, so be sure to check back daily for transit updates.
Additionally, Premium subscribers can engage in daily reflections or find moments of healing through our library of guided meditations and affirmations. There’s something here for every need and mood, including grounding, abundance, grief, winning, and many more.
By popular request, we’ve made daily horoscopes available on our website as well. This content will replace our Weekly Guides and is designed to give you more detailed, moment-to-moment support based on the current astrology.
How do I update my app?
The most current version of the app can be found in the What's New section of the App Store page. If you go to your Account Settings page at the bottom, below Subscription Status, you will see which version of the app you currently have installed.
How to update the app manually on your iOS device:
- Open the Apple App Store.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to see pending updates and release notes.
- Tap “Update” next to the CHANI app.
- Enjoy all of the exciting new features.