The CHANI app combines ancient astrological wisdom with mindfulness and meditation, and offers the most detailed birth chart explanations available. But it also includes personalized horoscopes based on the movements of the planets, real-time updates on how the current astrology is affecting you, tailored astro offerings to help you work with the astrology of the moment, a library of meditations and affirmations for daily use, a live journal where you can set intentions and track your growth with each New and Full Moon, and so much more.
Our app is rooted in traditional Western astrology, and we use the Whole Sign House System, which divides the 12 houses — or spheres of life — equally into each zodiac sign, starting with your rising sign. Because of this, we intentionally provide you with rising sign content, as it’s your rising sign that determines the areas of your life that the current astrology is impacting. Since the astrological houses are what give us insight into how the current astrology is showing up in your life, the rising sign becomes primary, with the Sun secondary and the Moon tertiary.
Please note that because astrology changes minute to minute, the CHANI app has to pull in new information to display and refresh, which requires a consistent internet connection in order for the content to load. To get the best performance and experience, we recommend having WiFi or cellular data turned on on your mobile device and enabling automatic app updates.
The CHANI app is available on both Android and iOS devices. You will also need to have iOS 14.2 or later installed on your device in order to run the CHANI app on your iOS device or Android 9 or later to run it on your Android device.
Read on to learn about the Free and Premium content on the app.
The CHANI app is divided into four tabs:
(Image Description: Three mobile phones showing the CHANI app with views of the homepage sections, Today and This Week. To the right, a third shows a meditation on abundance playing in the Listen tab.)
When you open your CHANI app, you will be met with an expanded homepage view that’s divided into three distinct sections: Today, This Week, and This Year. These sections make it easy to navigate your personalized astrology guidance.
There is both free and Premium content in all three sections.
Free features and content
ALL users have access to the following on the Home tabs.
- Your Day: Each day, you will receive a horoscope that’s specific to your rising sign, plus an explanation of the current Moon phase and sign.
- Current Sky: Here, you can see where every planet and point is located, whether or not it’s retrograde, and how long it will be where it is. Tap each one for a rising sign horoscope on how its movements are impacting you.
- Astrology of the Week Ahead: In this weekly podcast, Chani gives you a rundown of each week’s astrology and how to work with it.
- Affirmation of the Week: This is a written statement you can repeat and carry with you, no matter what kind of week you’re having.
- Tarot Card of the Week: Each week, we share a tarot card that we feel most corresponds with the astrology at play. This feature includes our visual interpretation of the card, a written explanation of the card’s symbolism, and how the card relates to the astrology of the week.
- Your 7-Day Astro Forecast: Based on what the planets are doing in the sky, this weekly forecast gives you a quick overview of how the next seven days will play out, astrologically speaking.
- Your 2023 Themes: This annual horoscope is tailored specifically for your rising sign and acts as a helpful astrological resource you can continue to reference throughout the year.
- Key Dates, Moon Calendar, and Mercury Retrogrades: These handy calendars give you an overview of all the lunations, major transits, and Mercury retrograde cycles of the year to help you better prepare for and work with the astrology. *
* Key Dates, Moon Calendar, and Mercury Retrogrades are currently not available on the Android version of the app. The development team is working hard to have this updated by early 2024. In the meantime, Android users can access this information in PDF form here.
Premium features and content
When you activate our free Premium trial, you can explore and enjoy all of our fun features and personalized content. Your CHANI app subscription unlocks the following:
- Every Sunday at noon, Pacific time, you’ll get a reading for your rising sign, a guided meditation, journal prompts with a ritual and altar suggestions to help you create astro magic, set intentions, reflect, and heal.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the year with detailed quarterly readings for your rising sign and workshops focused on the year’s key astrological themes. *
* Your 2023 Themes are currently not available on the Android version of the app. The development team is working hard to have this updated by early 2024. In the meantime, premium subscribers can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to provide this content to you.
The Me tab is all about your birth chart, which is a snapshot of the sky at the moment and location of your birth. At CHANI, we believe your birth chart is the key to unlocking your life’s purpose.
Check out this article if your birth chart looks different from what you are used to seeing.
As a premium subscriber, you’ll be able to deepen your understanding of your chart with a full, detailed written reading that explains each placement planet by planet. Note that we regularly add new content here so you can continue to learn about other facets of your chart, including points, nodes, and asteroids.
Premium subscribers have access to the Transit tab. Here, you’ll receive real-time horoscopes that shed light on how the planets in your unique chart are interacting in the current sky. Some of these themes last a day or two, while others unfold over the course of a few months, so be sure to check back daily for transit updates.
Additionally, Premium subscribers can engage in daily reflections or find moments of healing through our library of guided meditations and affirmations. There’s something here for every need and mood, including grounding, abundance, grief, winning, and many more.