In order to get the best performance and experience from the CHANI app, we recommend having WiFi or cellular data turned on your mobile device and installing the most recent app update (requires iOS 14.2 or higher) which allows for the use of AutoFill Passwords.
There are a few reasons why you may be experiencing this:
- Button just spinning/connectivity issues
- Alert: 'User does not exist'
- Not receiving password reset verification code email
- Difficulty entering or resetting password
- Can't access premium content
Button just spinning/connectivity issues
If you experience issues with not being able to click through on any of our buttons (login, sign up, send, confirm, or subscribe), a connectivity issue could be at play.
Turn on WiFi or cellular data on your mobile device since an internet connection is required.
Use the latest version of our app (requires iOS 14.2 or higher).
We also recommend updating to the latest iOS and rebooting your device.
Sign out of the apps and delete. Re-install and log back in on a device that is associated with the Apple ID your subscription was purchased with.
Alert: 'User does not exist'
- Alert appears on app loading screen: This issue can be resolved by installing our most recent app update (requires iOS 14.2 or higher).
- Legacy users with case-sensitive email address: If you created an account before mid-March 2021 and had any capitalization in your email address, please create a new account with your email address.
- Typo in email address: If you believe there might have been a typo in your email when you set up your account, you can create a new account with your correct email address. Your CHANI app account email maybe different from your Apple ID email and the one you receive communication from us. The app subscription purchase and invoice are all processed/made through your pre-existing Apple Store account, however when you create a profile and sign up in the CHANI app, this is done manually in the app and not synced to your Apple ID, so there is room for human error.
Please note that when you create a new account on your device, if you have a subscription it will automatically rollover. If you had journal entries associated with your older account, contact us with your phone number and new account email once you have made your new account and are back in, and we can make sure to transfer those over for you. Please allow at least a week for the journal transfer process since it requires us to manually dive into the database and find the original entries.
Not receiving password reset verification code email
Sometimes these get caught in spam filters. Be sure to check your spam folder as well as run a search for email subject: Oops! Reset your password for CHANI
Please be sure to 'whitelist' email contact address firstname.lastname@example.org in your email provider, you might need to ask your IT department if you are using a work or custom domain email address. The password reset email is sent from a special email address that is different from our newsletter and support emails.
Difficulty entering or resetting password
Here is a step-by-step guide to resetting your password.
If none of these solutions resolve the issue, please don't hesitate to email us directly.
Keywords: login, forgot password, password reset, user not found, unknown user, erased, sign in, logged out, errors