To resolve most issues and get the newest features, make sure you are on the latest app version and rebooting your internet modem.
In order to get the best performance and experience from the CHANI app, we recommend having WiFi or cellular data turned on your mobile device and installing the most recent app update (requires iOS 14.2 or higher, or Android Version 9). You can use Password AutoFill to make logins easier. For more information on managing passwords on your device, Apple users can click here and Android users can click here.
There are a few reasons why you may be experiencing login issues:
- Alert: 'User does not exist'
- A typo in your email address
- Button just spinning/connectivity issues
- Alert: 'HTTP response '
- Can't access premium content
Alert: 'User does not exist'
In most cases that do not involve a typo in the email account address, this issue can be resolved by installing our most recent app update and rebooting your internet modem.
A Typo In Email Address:
If you believe there might have been a typo in your email when you set up your account, you can create a new account with your correct email address. Premium access will automatically transfer over for active subscription holders, since those are linked to your device and its app store. However, if you have journal entries associated with your older account you'd like transferred over, please contact us once you have made your new account. We will need your new and old account emails to transfer those over for you. Pplease allow at least a week for the process, since it requires us to manually retrieve and migrate the original entries from our database.
Button Just Spinning/Connectivity Issues
If you experience issues with not being able to click through on any of our buttons (login, sign up, send, confirm, or subscribe), a connectivity issue could be at play.
- Reboot your internet modem
- Turn on WiFi or cellular data on your mobile device since an internet connection is required.
- Use the latest version of our app (requires iOS 14.2 or higher, or Android Version 9 or higher).
- We also recommend updating to the latest iOS or Android Version and rebooting your device.
Alert: 'HTTP response '
This issue can be resolved by rebooting your internet modem, and making sure you have our most recent app update.
Due to an iOS Calendar and Time Settings bug, the login permissions might be impacted for some users. To resolve this issue, please make sure in your iOS Settings > General >'Languages & Regions' the Calendar is set to "Gregorian" and your Region is correctly set in accordance with your current location. Lastly, confirm that in your iOS Settings >General > Date & Time is "Set Automatically" and “24-Hour Time”. If your current settings already resemble the above, toggle off and back on the Date & Time "Set Automatically", toggle on the “24-Hour Time” option, and reboot your phone.
Can't Access Premium Content
- Confirm your Subscription is active with your device’s app store.
- If the app is installed on more than one device…
- Sign out of the apps and delete the CHANI app. Re-install and log back in on a device that is associated with the account your subscription was purchased with.