The app is rooted in traditional, western astrology. We use whole sign houses. We intentionally provide you with rising sign content because it's your rising sign that determines the areas of your life that the astrology is impacting. In other words, it is the primary content. Sun is secondary. Your moon is tertiary.
There’s no right or wrong way to use the app. You can use all of it or just some of it. You can dip in when you feel like you need to and take a break whenever. We created a monthly subscription intentionally, so that you aren’t locked in for longer than you want to be.
In order to get the best performance and experience from the CHANI app, we recommend having WiFi or cellular data turned on your mobile device and installing the most recent app update (requires iOS 14.2 or higher). The app requires an uninterrupted, active internet connection to pull information into the app.
You can activate your 3-day free trial to see all the content that's included in the premium version.
- Your Horoscope: Your horoscope is updated weekly. If you turn on notifications, we’ll update you as soon as your new horoscope is live on the app.
- The Week Ahead: In this weekly podcast, Chani will give you a rundown of the astrology of the week ahead. If you turn on notifications, we’ll update you as soon as a new episode drops.
- Astroweather: Based on what the planets are doing in the sky right now, we’ll give you a quick forecast of how the next 7 days looks, astrologically speaking. This section of the app speaks to the collective experience - it is not tailored to your specific astrology.
- The Current Sky: Wondering where Mars is today and if it’s ruining your life? If you ever want to know what sign a planet is currently in, look here. Not only will we tell you where a planet is and whether or not it is retrograde, but we’ll also tell you what area of your life it is impacting. Did you just begin your Saturn return? Check out the Saturn section of the Current Sky to learn more about what to expect.
- Chart (premium): This section of the app includes detailed information about your specific birth chart. It explores every luminary and planet in your chart and all the different relationships that they are making to each other. We will regularly add new content here so that you can learn about other facets of your chart such as nodes, asteroids and points.
- Workshops (premium): If you’ve ever taken a workshop with Chani, this section of the app will feel very familiar. For every New Moon and Full Moon, and some major astrological moments like retrogrades and the solstice, you can listen to a reading for your sign, a guided meditation, and work with our altar suggestions. In addition, we’ll give you journal prompts, and you can store your reflections and intentions directly in the app. To review what you wrote in the past and see how you’ve grown since then, just click on the Journal Archive. If you turn on notifications, we’ll update you as soon as a new workshop is live on the app.
- Transits (premium): Come here for a daily, hyper-personalized look at how the planets in the sky are interacting with your unique birth chart. This info is time-sensitive. Some transits only last a day or two and the content will come and go as the transit begins and ends.
- Meditations (premium): The library of meditations has offerings for different moods and needs. Check in with yourself in the morning, at night and as you need throughout the day.
|What's included in the free version:||What's included in the premium version:|
Looking for something else? Check out these popular topics:
- I’m locked out of my account and can’t sign in
- My chart looks wrong
- I have an Android phone or an iPhone without iOS 14+
- I paid for the premium subscription, but I’m not able to access the premium content
- How can I view past horoscopes, podcast episodes
- App pricing: Canada, UK, Europe, Australia