Free to download
The CHANI app (iOS) is currently available for free download through the App Store. ALL users have access to the following free content and features:
- Your Day: Each day, you will receive a horoscope that’s specific to your rising sign, plus an explanation of the current Moon phase and sign.
- Current Sky: Here, you can see where every planet and point is located, whether or not it’s retrograde, and how long it will be where it is.
- Astrology of the Week Ahead: In this weekly podcast, Chani gives you a rundown of each week’s astrology and how to work with it.
- Affirmation of the Week: This is a written statement you can repeat and carry with you, no matter what kind of week you’re having.
- Tarot Card of the Week: Each week, we share a tarot card that we feel most corresponds with the astrology at play. This feature includes our visual interpretation of the card, a written explanation of the card’s symbolism, and how the card relates to the astrology of the week.
- Your 7-Day Astro Forecast: Based on what the planets are doing in the sky, this weekly forecast gives you a quick overview of how the next seven days will play out, astrologically speaking.
- Your 2022 Horoscope: This annual horoscope is tailored specifically for your rising sign and acts as a helpful astrological resource you can continue to reference throughout the year.
- Key Dates, Moon Calendar, and Mercury Retrogrades: These handy calendars give you an overview of all the lunations, major transits, and Mercury retrograde cycles of the year to help you better prepare for and work with the astrology.
The Me tab is all about your birth chart, which is a snapshot of the sky at the moment and location of your birth.All users have access to a personalized whole sign birth chart. Here, you can see a view of your complete natal chart and a list of the sign and house every planet occupies.
Our team writes and creates all of the content in the app. We are not funded by any venture capitalists, which means that all of the costs of making and maintaining our app are covered through the app’s profits. This is great for you because it means we will never, ever sell your data. However, it also means that we are unable to sustain ourselves solely by providing free content. We also believe in paying everyone a thriving wage who shares their labor with us, and the tradeoff there is that we have to charge for our content. Not only was the app built by survivors – 5% of all app profits will be disbursed directly to Black, Latinx, Native/Indigenous, disabled, Queer, and/or Trans survivors of gender-based violence by FreeFrom.org.
All of that said, as the app grows, we are working on including a sliding scale subscription model so that we can have the best of both worlds – a thriving team and an accessible app that doesn’t rely on selling customer data. We are also working on building out even more content for our free subscribers. We’ll let you know as soon as we are able to roll out these offerings.
Premium trials and upgrades
If you are a new user, you can activate the premium trial to enjoy and explore all of our content:
- First 30 days free for annual subscriptions
- First 14 days free for monthly subscriptions
You can also choose to upgrade from a premium monthly subscription for $11.99 USD billed monthly, to an annual subscription, a 25% savings, billed yearly for $107.99 USD. With a paid premium subscription, you get access to a detailed birth chart reading, workshops for your week and year ahead, a library of meditations and affirmations, and much more.
You can learn about free and premium content in the app here.
International pricing: exchange rates and taxes
If you are outside the USA, Apple will convert the currency values to your region based on their own calculations, which may differ significantly from the exchange rate your bank is offering on any given day. As part of the automatic currency conversion, Apple also charges a digital services sales tax for the country associated with your Apple ID.
At the time this article was published, the Apple App Store showed the following conversions:
($11.99 USD billed monthly)
($107.99 USD billed annually)
- Australia: The App Store automatically sets the currency conversion as $19.49 AUD.
- Canada: The App Store automatically sets the currency conversion as $15.99 CAD.
- Europe (besides UK): The App Store automatically sets the currency conversion as €13.49.
- UK: The App Store automatically sets the currency conversion as £11.99.
- Australia: The App Store automatically sets $107.99 USD as $164.99 AUD.
- Canada: The App Store automatically sets $107.99 USD as $134.99 CAD.
- Europe (besides UK): The App Store automatically sets $107.99 USD as €109.99.
- UK: The App Store automatically sets $107.99 USD as £94.99.